Continuing my efforts of blog organization here is a before and “current” post for our living room that will now be found under the “DIY Home” link in the navigation bar. Some pictures you will have seen before – others will be new! Enjoy!
My DIY Living Room
Our living room was the room we’ve had to work on the least. So that makes it my kind-of favorite because there are no memories of slaving away. :p In this room we painted the ceiling, walls, trim, built-ins, and fireplace mantle. We removed a radiator, and added new cabinet doors to the built-ins. There was a bit of work we needed to do with the fireplace – replacing the doors and re-tipping the chimney. But my favorite change (which is still in progress) was widening the doorway to the living room by about 14″!
We’ve been rug hunting for a while now. Of course, now that I finally had time to take pictures of the living room and upload them we just brought a potential winner home.
DIY Living Room Project Posts
- Paint like a Saint
- C’mon Baby Light my Fire (A Hearth Refresh)
- Hunka Hunka Burnin’… Radiator
- How to Paint Unfinished French Doors
- Shelf Life
Living Room Projects to Come
- Living Room Crown Molding
- Living Room Fireplace Tile – replace
- Install new baseboard heat
- Finish Door Trim around widened doorway
- Whitewash brick around fireplace (?)
- Find a rug!